Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Little Light Reading

I've been doing a little reading this week:


The Dummies books are a little cheesy, but they are chock full of great information in an easy to read and digest format.  I had seen it before at Ollies so I made a special trip there to buy it (for only $2.99!).


I went through pretty much the whole book in only one night.  And I feel better knowing what I'm getting into.  And I know I'm very fortunate that I don't have to have any radical surgery or go through chemotherapy.  I'll probably only miss a few days of work throughout the whole process.  Not a bad deal.

When I was at Ollies buying the book, the cashier noticed what I was buying and said, "I hope you don't need to learn about this."  I told her that I did indeed need to learn about it.  And she proceeded to tell me about a good friend of hers who is younger than I who is being treated for breast cancer for the second time.  It seems just about everyone knows someone who has been through this.  And the most amazing part is that everyone seems to be so open with their stories.  We with breast cancer and those who have survived breast cancer are a team...all working together to beat this thing.  We're not alone.  Someone else knows what we're going through.  And they're all willing to share and help.

We really do live in a pretty amazing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment